Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Signs of Spring




I went on a walking tour of my yard yesterday. The sun was shining, and it must have been close to 50 degrees. The sun felt so good shining down on my face! I actually found signs of life in the garden. The Delphiums were growing. They were up about an inch. The Silver mound was starting to show signs of growth. When I checked for signs of life on two of my roses, I was so happy to see that there were still some green stocks left on them. Just the top of the roses were frozen an ugly brown color. Spring is such a magical time.

I was looking through my gardening photos from last fall. Here are some of the last photos I took before the frost hit. The Zinnias and Sweet Peas were so beautiful! My sister, Joan, gave this Aster to me. It was georgeous.

2 comments:

Abe n Linz said...

Hey, I was looking at my roses today as well!!
Your garden is going to look even more awesome this summer.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen much, maybe I'll have to look a little harder. It actually looks like your pictures already in Washington. I want to see your yard when it's at it's best.